Preference will be given strictly in terms of the AMS’s Employment Equity Policy.
The SA Red Cross Air Mercy Service has a vacancy for a Services Manager based in Cape Town and reporting to the Regional Manager. The individual we require will be accountable for quality service delivery, and performance of the Cape Town Base Operations and National Operations Centre. They will align performance standards, procedures, clinical care and internal resources, to ensure that the operations functions according to budget and strategy.
- Oversee the base aviation, medical and administrative management.
- Ensure excellent customer relations
- Active management and development of staff to ensure that staff deliver optimal results.
- Track and manage performance ensuring that people remain focused and productive.
- Operate services within budget
- Monitor service levels and operations.
- Previous aeromedical experience
- A paramedic qualification, preferable at Degree level.
- 5 – 10 years clinical paramedic experience in ambulance operations.
- Strong people and performance management skills.
- Strong clinical skills within prehospital emergency medical care.
- Good planning, organisational, analytical and decision-making skills.
- Good administration with attention to detail.
- Operational management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Sound knowledge of quality and safety systems and management within the aeromedical environment.
- Ability to manage internal and external audits and processes.
- Working knowledge of South African Labour, Safety, Heath and Aviation legislation.
- Working knowledge of applicable labour relations issues.
- Be able to work independently, with a high degree of responsibility.
- Work well under pressure and to deadlines.
- High computer literacy in MS Office.
- Code C1 and PDP license highly recommended.
- Operational flight paramedic (Helicopter and Fixed Wing) duties will form part of the position.
- Cooperative team players capable of dealing with changing deadlines and priorities.
- Flexibility with changing requirements regarding working hours and days.
- Active participation in continual clinical, safety and quality improvement.
- Ability to work cooperatively in culturally diverse environments.
Reliable transport and fitness assessment mandatory
E-mail your CV to email@example.com no later than Friday 16 February 2018
Please note that should you not hear from us within 2 weeks of your application, it would mean that your application has been unsuccessful.